Sunday, January 31, 2010

WE did it!

As I mentioned several times over the last month, I don't know what possessed me to do NaBloPoMo this January. There was a theme -- "best" -- which I thought might be fun to write about, but I don't think I ever even used the word.

But I did carry on. My conclusions are:

1.) It is probably good for anyone who wants to keep blogging to do NaBloPoMo once a year. It does get a certain momentum going, even if post quality can suffer.

2.) I don't think I would ever want to make La France Profonde a daily blog, but after a 31-day string of posts, getting back to posting twice a week seems feasible, if not straight out easy.

3. NaBloPoMo is best done with a few others. Of course one can find myriad "others" by going to the official site, but I was lucky enough to have two contacts just fall into place: longtime blogging (and now Facebook) buddy tut-tut from Inside the Shell, and Claudine from Good Things, whom I had run into in comments columns. Both of these ladies commented on every single post of mine, no matter how lame, and I did the same...not that THEY wrote any lame posts, of course!

The "best" thing about NaBloPoMo in my book is finishing it! Cheers!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! you did it.... it has given me a renewed love of getting back in and writing every day and has helped me finish my huge Tour de France project but best of all I have a new blogging buddy in France! Cheers! I will keep on reading!

tut-tut said...

YEA! to all of us!!!

But you know, it got easier and was something I started to think of as just another item on the to do list, rather than a chore. It was a good prompt to make me sit down and write something, no matter what. And I think the blog is what it is, a log of doings, musings, photos, whatever the BLOGGER wants it to be, and if readers find it interesting, so much the better. NaBloPoMo for Feb, Betty and Claudine?? I'm thinking about it.

My WV: flater (flatter + later?)

Betty Carlson said...

For me that would be no, as I explained in the post. But go for it! I will try to follow you the best I can!

Unknown said...

I was actually thinking about doing it in February as well...come on Betty :)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Congrats to you. That's quite a challenge.

Laura in Paris said...

31 osts in 31 days .. I wouldn't be able to do it. Bravo!
And next time you come to Paris,give me a call!

Katie Zeller said...

Congratulations - nice way to start the year. Enjoyed your post on Amsterdam. I've spent far too many hours in Schipol but never set foot in the city. Some day, I hope.

Tinsie said...

Well done! I bet you're really pleased :-)