Monday, January 25, 2010

Random Image 1

As I started to tackle my last week of January's NaBloPoMo, I was totally lacking in inspiration. Then an idea popped into my head -- an idea that quickly became a concept, to paraphrase Woody Allen.

Like a lot of bloggers, I have accumulated endless files of photos that I had planned to use in some future post. I got the idea that it might be fun to pick a "random image" and write about it. So I closed my eyes and did my best to mouse my way to whatever photo came up.

I think I have already posted this pic at some point, but it was probably in my now-defunct cooking blog.

I had bought some bread in Rodez and was struck, rather negatively I must admit, by the advertising on the packaging. Was nothing sacred, not even French bread?

It was the first time I had seen this exact form of corporate communication. And I think that, at least in Aveyron, it was the last.

4 comments:

Claudine said...

that is pretty sad, they will slap an ad onto anything these days. And to do it to something so sacred as French bread... Mon dieu! We went and saw Avatar this weekend and the first 15 minutes when it use to be a black screen was filled with comercials... I guess they need to make money. we are in the homestretch and doing good! Have a wonderful trip to Paris!

brassfrog said...

I always thought I was "fitting in" in France when the boulangerie gave my baguette wrapped in a little square of paper rather than in a paper bag.

tut-tut said...

Betty, do you shop mostly at the supermarche, or do you go to the individuals: the baker, the butcher, etc?

Sunday we should get together for a virtual drink, n'est pas?

Tinsie said...

Excellent idea to post a random photo! I like seeing snippets of other people's life, even the advertisments on the packaging of their daily bread ;-)