Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday's French Find: Emilie Boudet


I missed out on Wordless Wednesday this week, so I thought I'd share a French find.

Today I stumbled upon this charming blog by French illustrator Emilie Boudet. We were actually on the same Google alert because she had used the term "France profonde" in one of her posts.

All that talent and only 25 years old! The mind boggles...

Emilie's drawings and other creations are oh-so-justifiably copyrighted, so my first version of this post had no illustration. But she just left me a comment giving me permission to share one. I chose "Pianissimo" for its combination of piano and Parisian rooftop imagery.

If you love that French je-ne-sais-quoi, check Emilie's site out. And send her an encouraging comment as she is starting to write her texts in English.

11 comments:

tut-tut said...

What a great link! Very charming and quirky, too; just right. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about Emilie's blog!

French for a While said...

Love the link. Great to practice reading my French.

Émilie Boudet said...

Bonjour Betty ! thank you so much for your visit and your article... it's so nice of you !
(by the way, i put a © on my blog because some people are not so law-abiding... but if someone ask me to publish some drawings on his/her blog, i agree of course :)
I put your blog in my bookmarks... it's so interesting so read your vision of France !

Betty Carlson said...

In that case, Emilie, I'll slip an illustration onto my article. It will get even more people to read it...

Émilie Boudet said...

Ok, Betty :)

Tinsie said...

Loved the illustrations! Thanks for tipping us off, Betty :-)

blueVicar said...

Very nice! Thanks, Betty C.

Meilleurs voeux!!

Jann said...

Oh, how wonderful-look at the colors! thank goodness for talents as this in the world~I will go check out this site~

La Belette Rouge said...

Forgot to thank you for sharing this great blog with us. I really enjoyed Emilie's work!! Merci, Betty! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing Betty!