Thursday, June 15, 2006

Vie Quotidienne

When you're a tourist, France is all about châteaux, scenic villages and museums. But when you're a resident, your life here becomes a vie quotidienne: the kids go off to school, you drive to work, and somehow you have to get the grocery shopping done.

I thought it would be interesting to give my readers a few glimpses of French schools. This is a primary school in a suburb of Rodez. Decorating school entrances with pencils must have been a fad at some point; my daughter's junior high school has them too.

It would be easy to say this is a "typical modern French primary school", but it's not accurate to generalize.

For my expat and French readers: how about posting a photo of a school in your area? Send me the link so I can do a summary of them.

2 comments:

leon's life said...

I take a photo tonight when I pick Leon up and be sure to send it to you.

It's not so different from your photo.

Ken Broadhurst said...

There's a brand new school in the village about 3 miles down the road from my house. I'll try to get over there and take a picture this week.