Saturday, April 04, 2009

The one who stayed behind

Ok, that's not France. That's Neil's Yard in London, but, especially, it's a picture of my eldest daughter: the one who is studying like a fiend to pass her Baccalaureate exam, the one who shares the ride into work/school in Rodez every day with me, the one...who is here.

I haven't wanted to post a lot of family photos on this blog, but since I have written a few times about our younger daughter who is living in the USA this year, I thought I should at least introduce you to the one who stayed behind.

She's in Spain right now, on a school chorus trip, and my husband has gone along as a chaperone and orchestra member. So I have had the strange experience of starting my own one-week vacation alone.

I think it is the first time I have been on my own in France for a night since this daughter was born. I've had a quiet day...but that will change soon as I am going off on a little adventure of my own!

I'll keep you posted!

13 comments:

tut-tut said...

What a great photo!

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventure . ..

Rebecca Ramsey said...

She's lovely!
I can't wait to hear about what you're up to!

Tinsie said...

As soon as I saw the photo, I thought: what do you mean she's the one who stayed behind, that's not France! Then I read on :-)

Nice to be introduced to your daughter and I hope she's enjoying her time in Spain. Have a great time on your adventure too. Can't wait to find out what you're up to!

Jennifer said...

I hope your adventures are all that you want them to be!

La Framéricaine said...

Mme Betty C.,

Lovely photo of your beautiful progeny! I think that it was a very nice idea to share your eldest daughter with us in the name of equal time. I hope that she has a wonderful time in Spain singing with Dad along for the ride. And you, my dear, I hope that you do something fun and enriching with your newly appeared free time.

I can't wait to hear all about it!

Betty Carlson said...

Thanks for your comments and best wishes everyone. My upcoming "adventure" is really just a weekend away with friends -- but I'm sure it will be great.

I need a change of scenery badly!I haven't been out of Aveyron, except to take the plane for two one-day trips to Paris for meetings, since Toussaint!

Le laquet said...

Love Neal's Yard. Must be very strange to be "on your own" in France - enjoy the luxury! :o)

Nicole said...

Sounds intriguing and very lovely actually. Alone time is so good.

Tinsie said...

A little adventure is better than no adventure. Enjoy!

Betty Carlson said...

Tinsie -- Actually my trip was quite the adventure in my book. I'll be blogging about it very soon.

deedee said...

Thanks for the peek. I hope she had fun in Spain, and I already know you had fun on your adventure :)

Betty Carlson said...

poppy - - Yes, she did have a wonderful time. They saw some lovely sites too, and she got to speak some Spanish. Thanks for your comment.

Jann said...

What a beautiful gal~ and the photo is so colorful. Great spot to have taken that shot!