Angela in Europe recently bestowed the above blogging award to me. I might quarrel a bit with the deformation of the word "awesome," but I'll take any award I can get at this time of flagging participation in the blogosphere!
In fact, I could perhaps even pontificate about the word itself, which my USA daughter probably now utters in every other sentence, peppered with at least two "like"s. But be that as it may.
These are the rules, which I obviously will not follow to the letter, or even to the sentence:
List 7 Things That Make You Awe-Summm!
Pass It On To 7 Bloggers Who Are Awe-Summm!
Be Sure To Tag Your Awe-Summm Bloggers To Let Them Know!
Then Link Back To The Queen That Tagged You
There's certainly no shortage of exclamation points in those directions! Let's go!
Angela interpreted the first point as referring to blogging only, but since I have been a pretty lame blogger of late, I'm taking it to be just about ME (or HER, in her case.) I'm feeling good so I should be able to find 7 things that make me awe...some, although I would have trouble doing as much about my blog!
1. I have two absolutely fabulous daughters, and I can safely say that their teenage years have been a joy.
2. I adjusted well to life in France -- in the pre-Internet age when I didn't have many fellow expats to vent and gripe to.
3. I turned away from any number of extremely lucrative career paths in order to follow my professional vocation, and I'm still following it.
4. I do some professional writing practically every weekday evening. I don't talk much about it here, but it's quite a feat of organization.
5. I know quite a bit about a lot of different types of music, although my tastes are too eclectic to be an expert in any one genre.
6. I get angry in French only.
7. I stay in touch with a lot of people from my past, and did even before the digital age.
I'm not going to tag anybody, but if you don't know what to blog about this week, try writing some positive things about yourself. My experience in France has been that not that many other people are going to say these things to you!