Saturday, May 06, 2006

Big City Bis




My blogging friend Emily from What's for Lunch, who lives in Paris, took me to task in a recent email for saying that I just had to get out of the sticks! She dreams of the countryside, but I dream of the big city -- much as I love Aveyron. So don't be surprised when you hear that three days after getting back from London, I headed off to Montpellier for the day.

I was able to get a peek at some of the city's inner courtyards, but also, as always, the unfortunate "artistic" creations of the city's taggers. I don't know if all French cities are this full of tags, but in Montpellier, you can see this urban phenomenon everywhere.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh Betty,

Where does that beautiful light blue color come from? it is just so, so perfect.

And, making graffiti up there in the sky...it is like really dangerous, no? but so perfect because the lovely woman in the courtyard has not been defiled and the rooftops now seem to blend into the sky, with that lovely faded, blurry blue...

Great post,

Emily