Tuesday, January 06, 2015

TJ Tuesday: Old meets new


(Photo courtesy of Thierry Jouanneteau)

Since reviving my blog, every other Tuesday I have been featuring a photo taken by my husband. 

His job leads him all over the Aveyron, Lozère and Gard departments, with an occasional foray into the Tarn, Hérault, or Cantal.

He has gone down numerous back roads and been very off the beaten track. 

I used to mix his photos into my blog posts occasionally, but I think he deserves a special showcase -- and he seems in no hurry to create one himself. 

He has a nice eye for the incongruous. I probably would have gone out of my way to take this photo without the road signs, but the "dead end" indication makes a nice old vs. new contrast, as well as oddly mirroring the shape of the castle behind it. 


4 comments:

Sue Brady Ardington said...

It is a spectacular photo!

Betty Carlson said...

Yes, this is a spectacular area about 45 minutes from our house. Some pretty steep and scary roads though...

Perpetua said...

He has a good eye for the off-beat. :-)

Betty Carlson said...

Perpetua -- Every two weeks I am doing a feature on my husband's photos. He is a lawyer specialized in French agricultural law, and he gets all over this gorgeous area we live in.