Monday, January 12, 2015

Plowing through NaBloPoMo



When I was blogging here from 2005-2010, I participated in several NaBloPoMo challenges.

Without any fanfare, I decided to try out the challenge again. I thought it might be a good impetus for working on my blog, which it has been. 

I also thought it would be a good way to make new blogging contacts, which has been less successful. A lot of the fault goes to me on that. I haven't taken the time to go through the list of every participant, find all of the blogs that interest me, comment on them until the writers comment back, and so forth.

I also haven't been writing about the month's theme, "habit" -- although I like it -- nor following any prompts. I know none of this is "required" for the challenge, but I do think exploring the theme could be a way to be more involved. 

But then again, this blog already has a theme...

A lot has changed about NaBloPoMo in 7 years, and at some point in the month, when I'm not quite so exhausted from a long day of work, I might just write about that!


5 comments:

tut-tut said...

wow! Betty, you have pulled right out into the fast lane! I'm putting around, trying to pull out something for a second post for this month.

bookworm said...

I, for one, am happy to have found your blog. I only discovered NaBloPoMo several months ago. It does seem that November is, by far, the most popular month for participation. Alana

Betty Carlson said...

tut-tut Well, I have been doing a lot of photography lately and that has given me material to write about. I had forgotten my cameras for my smart phone, but have gone back to using them.

bookworm -- And I yours! I think if one makes even one good contact through NBPM, it is worth it.

Sue Brady Ardington said...

Your theme of blogging around your home is a good habit.

Betty Carlson said...

Sue -- Yes, it is a good habit, although I have not been able to keep up with it daily either! I think twice a week is a better rhythm for me.