Thursday, May 13, 2010

Theme Thursday: Mystery

This is my first foray into Theme Thursday, which sounds like great fodder -- no, I meant to say "source of inspiration" -- for NaBloPoMo and future blogging as well.

Not being one to ponder the mysteries of life, what first came to my mind when I saw the theme was the mystery novel genre. I seldom read mystery or detective books, although tut-tut's clever take on the theme reminded me that in my childhood I read quite a few.

A few summers ago, my father suggested this series, and I read two or three:

Pleasant enough stuff, but nothing that drew me into the genre enough to want to discover new authors.

My second thought about "mystery," was, not surprisingly, music-related. The song "Mystery Dance" by Elvis Costello is not one of my favorites from his album "My Aim Is True," which otherwise I love dearly.

The image search for it led me into a strange time warp -- did that song really come out on a 45? The proof is in the picture.

10 comments:

tut-tut said...

Mystery Dance is new to me! I'll hunt for it on YouTube.

I'm having a tough time fitting in all the blogging. I had intended to say much more about mystery books for the junior set, and how much I liked A. Christie, etc. when I was younger. I looked at the clock, and it was already afternoon! Gack.

Ronda Laveen said...

A 45? Yes, you really did solve the Mystery of Elvis Costello. Welcome to TT.

sEAN bENTLEY said...

Hi fellow Washingtonian...I like your blog, and photos. And Elvis. :)

Brian Miller said...

wow. still got a few vinyls in the basement. will have to look up that song by costello...

glad you joined us for theme thursday! welcome.

Gladys said...

Really Elvis Costello on a 45? Do people even know what they are anymore?

So did you enjoy the Ladies Detective Agency?

Leslie said...

I love you post and welcome to Theme Thursday.

Anything goes with this bunch as you can see - we appreciate your creative juices being added to the mix.

I'm at http://moondustwriter.com

Betty said...

You've made me want to dig out my collection of old 45s ...

Tammy said...

I too tried that novel and left mystery behind. Will have to check out the song though. Thanks!

Scriber's Web said...

I actually bought a old record player recently! Love it!

I am not much of a mystery person. Give me anything romantic and I love it!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Claudine said...

there is a whole generation that wouldn't even know what that was... sadly.... great theme!